Barley Mow53 High Street
Eighteenth-century pub built in 1766 in the village where the missionary William Carey was born in 1761. The pub has very low beams, an inglenook fireplace and exposed stone walls. The ,main L-shaped bar has stone walls and a long bar to the side with leather settees. The upstairs games room contains a table tennis. Whilst food-led, there is a public bar area for drinkers with real fire in winter. Large car park.