Bakers Arms34 High Street
Reopened on 30 November 2018. Now run by the Althorp Pub Company who are based at the Saracen's Head, Little Brington.
A large early 19th century pub with two bars and a games area in the front bar. Note the attractive contrasting roof tile pattern. Over the mantelpiece in the public bar is a mirror with the names of all landlords going back to 1841. The pub used to share the building with the village bakery (hence the name) and less desirably perhaps, with the undertaker! The saloon bar, to the right of the main entrance, shows the full extent of where the original pub used to be. This is a true village local and most of the activity takes place within the public bar. No food served on Mondays.